Thursday, January 26, 2012

New Orleans Lady

Hi there long lost blog buddies. I am back and I hope to keep this little thing of beauty up and running this year at any cost. I am going to try my darnedest to keep this blog of love updated. To keep you posted on the most recent events, I thought I would start with the most recent of activities. A few weeks ago the Hubs and I made the drive back home to Louisiana, namely New Orleans, to attend a Photo Conference, Imaging USA. In actuality, I attended and Matt came with me to the Expo and the other events. Matt stayed in the hotel and worked (it was literally right across the street, so convenient) while I was busy attending classes of some of the best photographers in the World. Yes, World!! I had an AMAZING time and came back with so much inspiration and motivation, It was a great way to start off the year. Especially after the drive down, where it got me thinking if I really wanted to do this anymore. This past year wasn't really what all we wanted it be, and it really showed in my photography business. But I'm back and this year will be better than ever, Right? Right!

       I don't have too many images from our trip, even though it was a photography conference (I know, I know..its a photo conference, you are supposed to carry your camera everywhere right?). So I thought I would show you a few images taken on my phone.

  View of the ships from the Riverwalk


  Picture from our hotel's floor. 


One thing I didn't get pictures of that I really wished I had was of Saturday night when the Saints played the 49ers. My family had come down to New Orleans (since it was only 20 mins way) to eat dinner with us and we ended up eating at Gordon Biersch and watched the game. It was a great game and it was even better watching it in the city with all of the fans. The cooks and wait staff all came out to celebrate when something good happened. There were a lot of high fives going on between the workers and customers, and we all became one. Now I know the game didn't go in our favor, but it was such an amazing experience to be a part of. I really wish we could have gone to the Superbowl again, but hey I am just proud that Saints fans are no longer wearing bags on their heads.



One night we ate at Palace Cafe on Canal Street. We only had to walk a few blocks from our hotel across from the convention center to get there. I had the Cafe' Spinach Salad and I think Matt had the Shrimp and Alligator Etouffee. My salad was really good, but pretty small, which was ok, because we got cheesecake for dessert. After dinner we just headed back to the hotel, and didn't worry about partying on Bourbon, that is for amateurs, lol. We've been there, done that. I am from the area, so it doesn't excite me like it used to and we like to use the excuse that we are getting old.

      Matt's dinner.

         My delicious salad

Our cheesecake. yummy. 


 The next day, we tried a restaurant right down the street that my mom had recommended. It is called Butcher. Its a trendy little restaurant that only has a few tables, so you have to be fast to grab a seat around lunch time. Matt and I both got BLT's, I know boring, but it was the best BLT I've ever had. Well, maybe not the BEST, but ONE of the best. The "L" (lettuce) they put on it was marinated in a vinaigrette dressing before and just made it so different. It was served with kettle chips, which I love, because they remind me of Zapp's Potato chips, a Louisiana favorite. We did also pick up a Randazzo's king cake while we were down there and it is quickly disappearing. I got the baby the other night, so maybe that will bring me good luck!

  Our BLT's.

   The handsome Hubs

      Me, getting some grub on.

Here is the front of the restaurant. 


I hope I haven't bored you too much with my lo-qual images and uneventful New Orleans story. I know you were expecting a lil more from the crescent city known for partying. We will be going back in a few weeks for a wedding, so maybe there will be a lil more excitement to come. Don't get your hopes up though. Have you visited New Orleans recently? Do you have a favorite restaurant down there?

No comments:

Comments are much appreciated!